Aperture, ISO and shutter speed are the key elements of digital photography which are used over and again. Shutter speed is something that can help you create refined and perfect photography. And it is one of the most creative adjustments available in the digital cameras to capture that natural shot. So you people must grasp some knowledge about shutter speed. With today’s article, you will be familiarized with the concept to add some definition and professional look to your captures. Let’s check out this photography tutorial:
In basic lingo, shutter speed is the amount of time the shutter is open. And in digital photography, it is the duration that your image sensor waits for the picture you want to shoot. With this article, try to get your heads around shutter speed as I would be explaining with two or three fine examples.
- Shutter speed is measured in fractions of seconds and denoted as 1/1000 wherein biggest denominator shows faster speed and vice versa. In routine captures, the speed of 1/60th of a second is perfect.
- To use the shutter speed slower than 1/60, need of tripod arises to get image steadiness or else it will look fuzzy.
- Shutter speed doubles with each setting and it is a handy approach to remember. Look, increasing shutter speed and decreasing aperture by one stop maintain the same exposure levels. Speed will be like 1/500, 1/250, 1/125, 1/60 and so on…
- Some cams offer the shutter speed in seconds like (10, 20 or 30) to capture the shots in low light or when a lot of movement needs to be captured in single shot. And to your surprise, bulb mode is also perfect which keeps the shutter open as long as you hold it.
- Shutter speed depends upon the type of shot. The actual speed varies according to the speed of the object in the shot. Like you want it to be still and if not then how much haze you want.
Read this carefully!! Shutter speed of 1/1250 will capture the moving object as frozen and 1/4000 speed will capture every single movement sharply and finely.
Choosing longer shutter speeds may sound a little awkward. But it is the way to go when you want to take motion in picture. Like you go to hills and want to capture waterfall in the picture then what will you opt to do? Here, the longer shutter speed comes in scene or to capture moving stars, flying birds, moving train etc. wherever you want to feel the originality.
Focal length and shutter speed goes hand in hand and the rule of thumb behind this theory is that longer focal lengths tend to heighten the camera shake. So it becomes essential to choose fast shutter speed. Pay attention to this!! Consider shutter speed with large denominator than the focal length and here you go… Having a lens of 50mm works well with 1/60 speed and 200mm lens will choose to shoot at 1/250. So guys this is the scene about shutter speed every amateur must know to enhance their photography skills.
I will be back with some more interesting topic on digital photography. Have a good day!!
DESCRIPTION: Discover about shutter speed in digital photography and click creative shots. Be a professional photographer by learning these easy techniques. Try it.
Adept Clipping Path (ACP) – A Reliable Clipping Path & Image Retouching Services Provider.
Deep Etch, Background Remove, Object Remove, Image Masking, Photo Touch-up, Color Correction, Image Manipulation, Shadow Creation (Drop / Natural / Reflection Shadow), Raster To Vector Conversion Services are our core competences!