There is an old saying that pictures are worth than thousand words. But now I want to add something to this saying that pictures are worth the thousand words if they are placed on the right background also. I will discuss with some points that will guide you and help you in choosing the perfect background for your beautiful images. So let’s begin this:
- GIVE RELEVANCE TO LIGHTING: Your first focus must be on the lighting when you are going to choose your background. As a photographer, you often shoot the products only when you get the perfect light on them or you find some location which has its natural light. So you always give first preference to the lighting. This is the main idea in this point also. You only have to concentrate on the backdrop, lighting and natural lighting.
- WITHDRAW DISTRACTIONS: The other point of relevance is that your image background should not be distracting for viewers. It must not be like that which distract the customer from the main subject. For this, it is recommended that make your main product shine while shooting it against the backdrop you are using. Concentrate on the subject of the image and don’t use loud and textured background unless the subject demands it.
- SHOW YOUR CREATIVENESS: Clear your thoughts regarding the shooting and be open-minded so that you can show your creativeness. Have the idea of your customer’s choice and work accordingly. Be stylish and competitive to stay in the market. Go experimenting with your images and build your own rules for that.
- BACKGROUND MUST BE ACCORDING TO THE SUBJECT: This is the next most important and relevant point on which your background depends. It is suggested that you must focus on the subject first for selecting the suitable background. If you are working with product photography then use background according to that and if you working with portrait then use background according to that. Always keeps in mind the subject of the image to use relevant background or you also can consider the feelings that the user will evoke both in context of the frame or alone with the subject. Consider the technology product and after seeing it what comes to your mind is: right, “plain or white background”. That’s it you understood this.
- GIVE IMPORTANCE TO BRAND: Brand is always in limelight for all the online websites holders. Being a photographer or an editor of your client you also have to shoot or edit images specific to their brand looks. For that, you have to detail all the images and marketing efforts in line which follows the brand of the hirer.
- Post-processing: This is the last and most crucial point in photography. This will helps you understand the difference between the good photos and the great ones. You have to assign this editing task to the professional and expert editor to get a feel of the great look photos.
Follow these important and noteworthy points to achieve success.