Amazon is unchangeably the biggest fish in the wide ocean of e-commerce. There is not one country in the world that is unaware of Amazon today. Hundreds and millions of products are sold here. But the greatest part is that all these products follow common rules when it comes to their imagery. While various brands try to associate with Amazon, there are only few that thrive here. The agenda is plain and simple; it all comes down to the product images. Amazon will only lend you space if you will follow its precious image editing guidelines. That is why it is vital to adhere product image requirements of this brand.
We will be sharing some tips with you guys that will tell you how to boost your sales at Amazon store, with the help of best images. We will be discussing how to optimize images that are displayed on various product pages at the website. This helps the customers in making correct decision about the product and also increases the credibility of your website.
Assigning Image Priority
Amazon allows the sellers to feature 7-10 product images on the product page. This is a great feature and we encourage all the sellers to use as many images as they can. This way, you will be able to show all the details about the product and also feature it from different angles. When customers are able to see all the details of the product, it helps them in making better decisions about them and it will straightforwardly encourage the sales.
First you need to prepare the highest quality product images. Once you have filtered the images, you can now prioritize and assign the pattern of images and how they will appear on the screen.
- The parent SKU main image is the one that will appear when the product is searched at the website. It must be damped with quality and fulfil all the guidelines given by Amazon.
- Then there is child SKU main image in which you have to upload all the color variants of the product. Surely, if you are offering the products in different colors then customers will want to see the colors on the product. These are the sideline images that appear along with the main image. As we said, Amazon allows you to share various images of the product; you can use this feature to showcase all the different colors.
- There can be additional images showing the product in different angles and sides. It is best to upload images that can display the fabric of the product, finest details, cut, etc. All the images can be uploaded with the product to satisfy the viewers and win their trust. You can also upload images with the product in use to give them live view of it.
Technical Guideline Follow Up
As we mentioned earlier, there are various technical details shared by Amazon to keep the uniformity of all the images constant. While you prepare the new products or redo the existing listings, it is imperative to follow the below given guidelines.
- Images in different formats are accepted by Amazon including TIFF, GIF, PNG, and JPEG.
- The color format can be used are RGB and CMYK
- The width or height of an image can be up to 1000 pixels large. The suggested size is 2560 pixels in width and for the apparels, it must be a minimum of 1001 pixels.
- You need to use product identifiers in the file names. Various product identifiers can be ASIN, Amazon, EAN, UPC, JAN, or 13 digit ISBN. Also, it must be followed by proper file extension. Please note that any kind of usage of spaces, dashes, or special character in the file name will be unaccepted.
- No use of borders, watermarks, logos, text, or mannequins is permitted in the product images.
- The product must cover 85% of the frame in an image. Also, the background must only be in white color.
The images used must be of highest quality and resolution so that they can appear sharper to the customers. For this, you can also hire clipping path companies that will help you in preparing the images for your Amazon page.
High Quality Images
The standard of Amazon products are high because the website don’t leave room for the sellers to mess with its image credibility. Whether it is the child SKU image or the SKU Main image, each one has to be treated carefully. Here is the criteria-
- Each seller needs to upload only photographed images. No illustrated or drawings are allowed to be uploaded
- There must not be any distracting object present in the image. Any unwanted object must be removed
- Make sure all the images are sharp and of high resolution. The colors must be perfectly corrected.
- Products such as books, DVDs, music CDs, must fill 100% frame. No promotional stickers are permitted to be included in the images.
- Background of each images must only be white- RGB 255,255,255
- No graphics, watermark, or any kind of text should be there on the image
- Any image that contains an offensive message or pornography must not be uploaded on the website.
These are some of the most stringent rules of Amazon. However, similar rules are followed by various other online marketplaces as well. But there could be some difference.
In case of selling refurbished or used products, the picture clarity must be kept in check. You are allowed to give live view of it but the quality of the image should be higher. Also, it should not be just one product with a live view but you also have to upload various images displaying the product in various angles. All these tips and guidelines will surely help you in establishing a vivid and gratifying presence at the website. As said earlier, you will find the rules of Amazon quite similar with other web portals as well. So whenever you wish to take your business online to Amazon, make sure you respect its guidelines.