Natural Shadow: Natural shadow service assumes the similar thesis as drop shadow but the distinction is it creates the unique or natural drop shadow of an image. In this stare background will be detached and put the image in white background then form a shadow on an image that seems fairly natural. Natural Shadow service helps to increase the intensity of portraits of a product image or photograph. Nothing will look more naturalistic than your image genuine shadow, known as its “Natural Shadow Service.” Let us show you how to do a natural shadow to a shoe.
1. Open your original clipping path done cap image in Photoshop or similar.
2. Then select the clipping path and give a feather 0.5 in the image bye pressing ctrl+alt+D button.
3. Now create a new Layer 1 by pressing ctrl+J button with a white-fill background Layer 2 beneath the cap image Layer 1.
4. Keeping selection in Background closes the eye of Layer 1 &2 and creates a shadow clipping path beneath the cap.
5. Selection the shadow clipping path area and give feather 15 (The feather depends on the image requirements). And obviously open the eye of Layer 1 & 2.
6. Now create Layer 3 and press Atl+Backspace button. Please keep in mind that Layer 3 will be above of Layer 2. Now decrease the Opacity.
7. Now go on the Filter option. And there are you will found Blur option. You will get Gaussian blur in Blur option. Click there and a box will open. This tool helps to smooth the shadow. So you should increase or decrease it depends on the image smoothing. For your better realization 2 images given bellow :
8. Now add layer mask on the Layer 3 and select the Brush tool from toolbar. When you will use Brush tool for smoothing the image shadow, please kept in mind that the opacity remaining 30% so it doesn’t look so harsh against your shadow
9. After carefully brush out areas of your shadow layer manually to achieve the desired look. Now selection the Layer 1 and give Feather 0.5.Then select the Rectangular Marquee tool (M).
10. Using Rectangular Marquee tool erase the selection until it reach the edge of Cap Then give a shadow beneath it so that it can’t be seem floating. Free transform the shadow and slowly beneath it.
11. Now increases the Gaussian blur from blur option in filter menu. Then add layer mask on the Layer 4 and using brush tool it should be given a smoothly look.
12. The finishing look of the images should be right like this. Just like a natural like.
These simple steps will create familiar and realistic depth that create a fabulous natural shadow. I think if you follow these steps, it will help you to do this service. For you better consideration, a video tutorial is given bellow
Adept Clipping Path (ACP) – A Reliable Clipping Path & Image Retouching Services Provider.
Deep Etch, Background Remove, Object Remove, Image Masking, Photo Touch-up, Color Correction, Image Manipulation, Shadow Creation (Drop / Natural / Reflection Shadow), Raster To Vector Conversion Services are our core competences!