Clipping Path is a very popular technique to retrieve a specific part of image by or plucking a specific part of an image that you require. We also refer it as background removal technique because everything other than the part you need in an image is removed. The object that you have separated from the background can be used at any other background of your liking.
The easiest way to use Clipping Path is with the help of pen tool in Adobe Photoshop. Pen tool meticulously defines the shapes and figures of hard edged objects. If you need clipping path services for professional usage, it is best to hire a professional with years of experience. The professional knows best how to extract the unwanted portions. Just so you know, clipping path is mostly applied to the shapes that don’t have any definite edges such as hair.
Here is a step by step approach on how to use clipping path-
- Open the image in Adobe Photoshop that you want to apply changes
- Select the pen tool from the tool bar
- Select the path in the option bar where you will see the auto add or delete box. Select the option, “Exclude overlapping path areas”. It will be best if you can create a duplicate copy of the image that you are editing. PS do not save a copy of the original image.
- Once you have selected the path, it will be best if you can zoom the image. Zoom option is available on the toolbar. Now you can begin with the path drawing.
- You can move forward in drawing your path with the help of “alt” key and once you are done, just save the path.
- Now select the path and create a layer.
- With the help of “Ctrl” key, just select the path. Save its name in the path palate box. Just press the short key to save the path- “Ctrl S” for saving and “Ctrl V” for pasting the selected path in a new layer. And finally just save the file.
That is how you can use clipping path. It is the common most method. Below are some of the tips that you need to know for effectively using the clipping path services-
- Clipping path technique can be used on any image type.
- One thing that you need to ensure before applying this technique is that you take an image with well defined edges. This will help in generating better results
- It is best to zoom-up the image to 200-300% before you apply the clipping path.
- Pen tool is one of the best tools to use clipping path techniques. There are countless software and tools available online but the best one is the pen tool in PS.
- It is best to make a copy of the image before applying changes.
- For the images with sharp and fuzzy edges, it is best to use both clipping path and image masking techniques to get the results.
Clipping path is a very effective and appropriate tool to get desired results. Just ensure what you need from the editing software and clipping path will handle the rest for you.