How to resize an image in photoshop without losing quality? A question asked by many retailers. Images are the most important element for any website for product selling. Without pictures, displaying the products is useless, especially if you are concentrating to drive huge traffic to your website. The customer only desires for the product that he admires with their eyes otherwise he will move to another website for fulfilling his requirements. A lifelike image is mandatory for increasing the brand identity by giving them brand recognition. The goal is to design your images to their best extent so that you can impress and attract the users towards your products. Perfection comes from perfect size and perfect quality. Yet both are contradictory to each other, as the size is reduced of the image it will affect the quality. This article shows you the right approach to get the acceptable size by all websites with alluring quality.
How to Reduce image sizes in Photoshop
Consult the best editing software for the purpose that is adobe Photoshop CC and note the steps mentioned below:
1. Get the optimal image aspect ratio depending on the type of the image and its use. Remember that if you are cropping for a thumbnail image then you can use the 1:1 ratio. Now make use of the web tool and alter the size and quality of the image.
2. Look out for the major functions that you need to take care of while using save for the web tool. These are given below.
3. Use jpeg file format for image compression.
4. Use the quality slider with due concern by shifting the slider to check the quality of the images.
5. Enter the exact dimensions of your images and go for the percent scalar if you want to increase or reduce the size in percentages. If you want to prevent the image distortion then you have to keep all the proportions constrained by either locking the icon or by selecting the toggle.
6.Use 2-up and 4-up as it will give you parallel comparison of the real image and between the compressed one.
7. You can either go for progressive or optimized but the best choice is progressive as it allows the images loading many times with increasing resolution and quality.
8. You also have the authority to choose the compression quality that is high, medium and low depending on the file sizing and the compression needs.
9. Photoshop has the capability of rebuilding the parts of the image’s data by using re-sampling selection. Any time you increase or decrease the image size, the original proportion of the image gets affected having relation to pixels. You can access various options like nearest neighbour, bicubic smoother, bilinear or bicubic sharper for presentation of the images in varied forms.
10. Every image demands different treatment and therefore there is no one size that fits to all but alternatively images need tweaking and indivisualised amount of care to get the best quality out of them.
Now when you are aware of the various steps, now read out the varied web tools that are well capable of reducing the image and file size. These are given below:
This is a graphics design platform for compressing file size that permits resizing and cropping on the site. It also provides additional editing tools used for adjusting colors, adding filters, and moreover flipping and rotating.
Tiny PNG/ Tiny JPG
Another good site for reducing the file size. It only helps the user to reduce the file size without giving any access to any editing features. It gives the user the compressed images but without making any compromise with the image quality. They are available free of cost.
Go to this site if you want to resize the image as well as editing it. This provides you various editing tools with many fonts and graphics for your use.
Bulk Web Resize
As the name suggests this is the site considered by the users when they want to reduce the file size of many images. A batch of images can be compressed with the help of this tool. If you want to preserve the original quality and want to get the sharpened images then they must take image quality as 100.
This is a good site that can be used if you want to shrink files. This tool will help you to get rid of the EXIF metadata but you can keep the data unharmed which will be required later on for photo optimization by SEO.
This site can be used for reducing the file size of the png images and can be used to convert through this tool. It will definitely be the best way to preserve the transparency of the images. This is one of the most effective tools that makes the images compatible enough to be uploaded to all the web browsers and with that to all the operating systems.
This is the tool that comes with power to handle the bulk images optimization and has the best web applications and the developed API that makes it unique in it. The beneficial side of this tool is that its simple web interface can operate free of cost and permits dragging and dropping of the images by merely entering the URL. Its price will depend upon the total GB of the images that you need to resize with the help of the tool.
There you have it, some tips and processes that will help you understand how to resize an image in Photoshop without losing quality