Photoshop is just the right thing to refurbish the images for color change, color corrections, background change, cut out images, clipping paths and much more. The art of retouching requires a lot of run through if you want to brilliantly prep up the images. In this tutorial, I would jot down the approaches to remodel the images so that they can be used for professional projects.
Images need redecoration as some pictures are shot in low light or some may have been taken off the shelf with a Smartphone. So in this case, we wish to edit them to get startling and far-fetched output. Let’s start off with these steps:
- Firstly after opening Photoshop, change the image mode to RGB for e-commerce or web and CMYK for printing under the Image menu.
Don’t forget it as changing the mode later on can deteriorate the image quality.
Cut out or Remove Background from an Image in Photoshop
- Name the layer as “Original” to unlock it.
- Now craft a new path under “Paths” palette to keep trail of your path. Give it a name of your preference.
- Start off with clipping process of the image using “pen tool” and for better visibility, you can zoom-in the image. While clipping, draw the path inside the outer periphery to get more refined results.
Bonus Tip: Stray out the imperfect and cluttered edges of the image while clipping so as to achieve a smooth picture at the end.
- Use pen tool around the image and move on taking the selection step by step. When you reach the point where you started first, cease the path by clicking. While closing the path, you would see a petite circle which assures you that you have bunged up the path.
- To wander off the negative or unwanted spaces, also select them with pen tool. Then keep that selection within the same path in order to subtract it from the final upshot.
- Once when you are done with the selection part, right click on the path. A dialog box will confer you a few choices and you are supposed to click on “Make Selection” under “Paths Palette”. Snap on “OK”.
- Furthermore, go to “Select>Modify>Contract to smooth out the edges of the picture by 1 or 2 pixels if it is of medium quality. It will tow away the muddled bits of background.
Now to put an end to this severance, add the selection as “layer mask” on the original layer. This can be done by hitting the “mask icon” which sits on the foot of layers palette. You should see this outcome
Remodel the Picture to Get Flawless Results
Retouching is indispensable for every image you want to use for professional intention. You might have seen that some images are shot with a slight angle which makes it look amateurish. But with Photoshop, you can repair this flaw very easily by using some tricks. “Transform tool” and “Clone stamp tool” are the idyllic approaches to do so but you must create a copy of your original layer to avoid any losses.
If your image is asymmetrical then correct it using transform tool to even out the look.
- Other flaws or minor corrections can be done with “Clone stamp tool”.
- It is designed to eradicate small problem areas or negative spaces. But for this, the space in layer mask should be white to finely blend the cloned area and brush must be set to soft edge.
- Press “ALT” on your keyboard and hit the area which needs to be cloned. This way you can even reinstate an area with the one of your choice. Moreover, the effects of one layer can be mocked to another layer to make it look faultless in every aspect.
With few hits and clicks on Transform and Clone tool, you get the final supreme outcome.
Tip: For organized work, play with layers as you will not fail to spot any important effects.
Retouch the Image for Color Corrections
- Now, last on my list is color correcting a picture to make it look more dazzling. Simply click on “Adjustment layers” which is present at the bottom of “Layers Palette”.
- Pick the preferred option and make color changes by dragging them. In this tutorial, I would work on “Curves” which further comes up with a dialog box consisting of various properties like color mode, input value, output value and presets etc. You can play with colors by putting different input and output values.
Well done!! You have made it done with your efforts and here is the final upshot. Your picture is now correct in every aspect i.e. it is transformed nicely, detached from the background flawlessly and color corrections are up to the mark.
Thanks for sticking on to this easy tutorial. Now follow this pedantic step by step approach and retouch your image for any platform. Good luck!!
Adept Clipping Path (ACP) – A Reliable Clipping Path & Image Retouching Services Provider.
Deep Etch, Background Remove, Object Remove, Image Masking, Photo Touch-up, Color Correction, Image Manipulation, Shadow Creation (Drop / Natural / Reflection Shadow), Raster To Vector Conversion Services are our core competences!