Yearning for more outstanding results for your jewelry photography? Not content enough with the outcome of your shots?
Well, here you are in the right place. I will be telling you here about the new revolution in photography “Light-box for your jewelry photography”. This can be used to take photos of products having the size fit into the Light-box or mini animal photography! Flowers and many more that fit into it.
What? Really want to know how it works? What it’s all about? Hold your temptations.
Let’s just come with me!
More About Lightbox
Lightbox type of thing surrounded by light lamps in up, the sides of its wall. We put an object into it that allows light to be put on each side of the object. It’s now up to us if we want a 3d type of image we will be lighting in that manner. It allows taking pictures where with more lights or the way we want to put lights and background work perfectly for our shot. Yeah! Isn’t it cool?
Cooler is you can buy it a complete model about $50-100 or can make your own at home before buying.
You use your creativity to make a box with papers and foams, attach with tape surround it with lamp lights, took your shots. Using one color as background much reflects light gives good finishing.
Important factors need to follow
Factors you should keep in mind while choosing “Lightbox for jewelry photography”
- In case of light source prefer built-in lighting with three points lightning.
- Decide about size depending upon your jewelry photographing. It will vary depending on the subject.
- Another important factor needs to take mind whether you will use it at one place or carry it. You may not want using it in one place always. So better choose portable lightboxes. So the portability factor needs to be watched off.
- You need to think of material and power adapter also while choosing your lightbox.
So, we already have the idea of the factors we need to keep in mind.
Now when you are tired fixing your own homemade lightbox, not comfortable with its size and inconvenience using lamps then its right time to think of buying “Lightbox for jewelry photography” which will add value in your jewelry photography kit.
Now, let’s have a look what different markets are offering us:
Which one to buy?
As per our demand and budget, we can choose from varieties like it ranges from
- Low priced
- Expert level
So it’s totally up to our budget.
If your budget allows you for a low prized item you should go for the following:
Low Priced Lightbox
Foldio: (available in 3 sizes) From $29 to $139
It offers portable mini photo studio box with built-in LED strips. It’s very portable. Just need to fix it and use. It can bring anywhere. The company also offers its own application special Foldio App that allows white balancing and background changing.
Extra kits you can buy with Foldio
- Additional light box photography kit
- Extra LED strip
- A background cyclorama in any color or the Foldio360 panel.
- Foldio 360 Smart Turntable
Finhomy Photo Studio: -about $63
Finhomy 16 -inch box comes with
- 3 backgrounds to create different compositions.
- Bag, 2 LED strips
- A metal base
Advantage is camera connector for shooting above the object.
Disadvantage is metal body sometimes make it hard to move.
Expert level lightbox
- Elviros Professional Light box – about $65 for 16″, about $ 123 for 24″
- Fotodix Pro LED Studio-in-a-Box about $45 for 16″, about $110 for 28″
- Slowbeat Portable Photo Studio –about $134
- Shotbox Professional Light Light box – about $210
- MyStudio MS20 – from $ 175 to $303
- 3D MFP – about $46000
- 2D PhotoBench 100 – about $ 5000
- Photosimile 50 – about $2450
Extra kit you may need:
- Additional light
- Additional Background
- Tripod stand holder
- Portable charger
Lightbox for jewelry photography adds value making it looking more perfect and dazzling. This concept of using lightbox serves many more purposes to click objects fit into it. People are making homemade lightbox as per their need. Add a different background to make different compositions. We always not in need of buying this if we follow photography tips using lightbox and putting light into right places.
Hope this was helpful to make you know about lightbox in jewelry photography, how we can make it and differently available lightbox kit in the market.