Photoshop face swap is a new technique, which is currently becoming more popular as time goes on. The user can effortlessly swap faces with the help of this incredible technique. The idea is mostly used by the various e-commerce websites who have to spend millions for photographing various products. It permits the user to easily switch the faces of different people with the assistance of Photoshop. It is clear that face swapping is quite a purposeful technique as it helps create different photographs with the same product and the same model. In essence, during apparel photography you can swap the designs of the t-shirts to present different looks to the customers. This will save a lot of time and money. Some of the most useful ways of using face swap is listed below.
This technique is mostly used due to these reasons listed
It can add the various features in the model that are not present in the model but are required to boost up the sales of the product. It adds those features which people like to see.
It also has the ability to change the expressions of people’s faces
Face swapping can be used to change the direction to which the model is looking at
Here are ten steps which will help you when swapping anyone’s face
1. Start by opening the files in Photoshop by clicking the files option on the top left corner of the screen to make the drop down menu appear in the list and then click on the open option. It will give you the new window where you can easily make the selection of the photos. Use the CTRL key to select a second file.
2. The only thing that you need is the lasso tool and use a shortcut by pressing L on the keyboard or go to the tool menu. Now be careful and make a selection of the highlighted features of the face like lips, nose and eyebrows to give a sensible and genuine look to the image. The end result of this step is the flashing dotted line.
3. This step requires you to click on CTRL+C. This will give you the copy of your selection.
4. Paste the image on the image you are considering to edit. Press CTRL+V to paste the copied face of the image in the previous step on the image for which you are using this technique. Now deselect the image by pressing CTRL+D to disappear the dotted line.
5. Start adjusting the opacity line to 30% to see beneath the layer. After this you only have to position the face by lining it up. To line the face and mouth you only have to stretch the face as it is needed by you. Now use the shift key if you want to adjust the face proportionately. By using the rotation toggles you can easily turn the image in the needed direction. After adjusting the face, press ENTER and change the opacity back to a 100%
6. Make a copy of your background layer that you can select by pressing CTRL+J on the keyboard or duplicate the layer. When you create the duplicate layer, you have to rename the copy layer. Hide the background layer by pressing the eye icon on the Layers Tab.
7. Create a clipping mask by pressing CTRL on the keyboard. You will be able to select the shape of the face however you want. Now by pressing the eye icon on the Layers Tab on the face layer you will be able to hide it.
8. You have to overlap by using the modify option and then choose contrast and type pixels as 10 to make the face overlap the body.
9. Now the step demands deletion of the face from the body layer by using the option delete or backspace. Use CTRL + D to boot out.
10. Now use the edit option from the top left corner and go for the auto-blend layer from the drop down menu. Now set the tones and colours of the face and other necessary adjustments. Click ok after having the desired results.
Hopefully that guide helped you understand how to Face Swap in Photoshop and hence making you better at editing and making your business earn its identity.