In the past, no one ever thought of the colored images. They live in black and white images and are supposed to assume everything black and white. This is how you can colorize black and white photos in photoshop.
First let us talk a little about photo editing in general. Photographing an image includes a lot of work but the most crucial is the one that is done post photoshoot. Post processing has become more vital than ever. There are plenty of post processing features that make an image better. Photographed images are good but these techniques are used to make them great. What is photo editing? The process of enhancing the quality of an image by adding effects or dolling up the image is called Photo Editing.
Earlier, where it is unimaginable for the people to think of colored images and how it is possible to think for them to transform black and white images or grey-scale images into colored ones. This is the art and you must be excited to know it.
This secret was only accessed by a few people and also required a special hand. That is hand tinting which was considered as the time-consuming process. This was the technique of the 1950’s and not preferred in this modern era.
This technique was replaced by the professional software Photoshop in which photo colorization is like child’s play and it also takes a few minutes to complete the work.
You easily can give any color of your choice to the images. This tutorial is all about changing the color with Photoshop. Let’s begin it.
Start by opening the image. You also need to make the image worth the conversion by removing all the flaws like scratches, contrast, and normal changing of an image to make the image usable. Now you have to create the duplicate of the layer and give it the other name. Now go forward and select the brush tool and color from the palette to color the product. Read this step by step procedure for having proper knowledge.
- Choose the photo, mode, and the RGB color.
- Now go to the layer panel and choose the new layer button.
- The next step is to select the opacity to 30% to have a clear view of the image. You can also change the opacity as according to the tinting.
- Now it’s time to go to the drop-down menu to select the blend mode and then select the soft-light and color also.
- Select the color you want to pick. Use the color slider to get the proper hue that matches the product.
- You have to select the color from the preview box.
- Now press ok and the dialog box is closed. Press B to have the brush tool.
- Open the brush picker and select the soft-edged brush. You can adjust the brush size with the help of the brackets.
- Now paint the area you want to give the color. It will tint the image.
- Repeat these steps for entire inventory of the images and give them nice colors to various images.
- After accomplishing these steps you will find your black and white image tinted with color.
- At this stage, you can adjust the looks by dragging the opacity of the different layers.
Here the procedure ends up. This is the basic procedure which will help you to change the basic colors of the images. You can use this super easy and simplified process to make changes in the colors of the images. Once you learn the process you will be able to change the color of every image in minutes.
Image Source- https://clippingpathservice.com/how-to-hand-tint-black-and-white-images/