Clipping path is an image editing software technique which helps in retrieving specific parts of an image. It is a background removal process where we can detach the object from its unwanted background and place it against a better backdrop. The clipping path is usually outlined using the pen tool of Adobe Photoshop as it is the best tool to meticulously define the shape of a hard edged object. An experienced design studio or a graphic designer should be hired to extract the image from the unwanted portions. Clipping path cannot be applied to objects that do not have defined edges, like hair and fuzzy outlines. Therefore we have this photoshop clipping path tutorial for you people!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial for performing clipping path:
- Open the desired image that has to be edited in Photoshop.
- Select”open with Photoshop”.
- Select the pen tool icon from the tool bar.
- Now select ‘path’ in the options bar.
- See “Auto Add/Delete box, select “Exclude overlapping path areas”
Note: You can create a duplicate copy of the image for editing. For that, right click on the background option in the layer palette box.
- Once the path is selected, Zoom in towards the image (select the zoom icon from the toolbar). Now we will start drawing the path.
- Draw the path using the ‘alt’ key along the desired edges of the image.
- Save the path
- Select the path and create a layer
- Select the path by pressing the ctrl key. Click on the path name saved, in the path palate box. Press ‘ctrl S’ and then ‘ctrl V’ in the selected space and a new layer will be made. Save the file.
Some tips for using clipping path services
- A very big bonus with the clipping path technique is that it can be applied into any image format.
- Clipping path technique is used only in well-defined edges
- The image is zoomed up to 200-300% times for applying clipping path.
- Though there are various tools for applying clipping path, the pen tool from Photoshop is one of the most efficient tools for outlining images.
- Graphic designers and editors should work as to achieve fine editing results, such that the final image does not look manipulated or retouched.
- For images with both sharp and fuzzy edges, graphic experts use a mix of clipping path and image masking to get the desired results.
- Along with clipping path, other photo editing techniques like retouching, image manipulation, neck joint services, and drop shadow are used to make the image presentable.
As we see in the steps above, clipping path requires patience and expertise on the part of the graphic designers to achieve the best results. Select an image editing service that not just produces outstanding results, gives you the best deal for the services and provides the output in quick turnaround times. While the cost depends on the complexity of the clipping path techniques that have to be applied on the image, be sure to select a competent image editing service.